frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alert: This site is migrating to our new home at https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000PqZDWA0/intel-neural-compute-sticks. Please visit us there!

net.forward() very slow on Raspberry Pi with sequential keras model

Hello Movidius NN Community -

I built a very simple keras model (see below). Trained it on CIFAR10. Froze my model and converted it to .bin and .xml with:

python3 /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo_tf.py --input_model keras_CIFAR10_frozen.pb --input_shape [1,32,32,3] --data_type FP16 --log_level WARNING

When I use this model on my Mac with the CPU as the prefered target, the net.forward() takes 0.1s.
When I run it on the rasp with the Myriad as target, the net.forward() takes 2.2s... the good thing is that it is working ;-) the bad news is that it's very slow.

Am I missing something?

The object detection example works at 7 fps, is there any parameters I am missing?

I am freezing my graph as follow:

python /Users/nicolasmaquaire/Dropbox/KLoop/Dev/190209_MLEnvs/env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/tensorflow/python/tools/freeze_graph.py \
--input_meta_graph=keras_CIFAR_Seq_Sparse.ckpt.meta \
--input_checkpoint=keras_CIFAR_Seq_Sparse.ckpt \
--output_graph=keras_CIFAR_Seq_Sparse_frozen.pb \
--output_node_names="activation_1/Softmax" \
--input_binary=true

and converting it with:

python3 /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo_tf.py --input_model keras_CIFAR_Seq_Sparse_frozen.pb --input_shape [1,32,32,3] --log_level WARNING --data_type FP16

Any clues are really welcome.

Thank you!

My model:

model = tf.keras.models.Sequential()
model.add(tf.keras.layers.BatchNormalization(input_shape=(target_size, target_size, 3)))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(64, (5, 5), padding='same', activation='relu'))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.MaxPooling2D(pool_size=(2, 2), strides=(2,2)))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Dropout(0.25))

model.add(tf.keras.layers.BatchNormalization(input_shape=(target_size, target_size, 3)))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(128, (5, 5), padding='same', activation='relu'))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.MaxPooling2D(pool_size=(2, 2)))

model.add(tf.keras.layers.Conv2D(256, (5, 5), padding='same', activation='relu'))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.MaxPooling2D(pool_size=(2, 2), strides=(2,2)))

model.add(tf.keras.layers.Flatten())
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Dense(256))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Activation('relu'))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Dropout(0.5))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Dense(10))
model.add(tf.keras.layers.Activation('softmax'))

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi @nicmaq
    Thanks for providing your model, I'll try to reproduce and get back to you with results.

Best Regards,
    Sahira

• Thank you Sahira - I decided to go with another option, as post-training quantization is not compatible with the edge-tpu and I am trying to compare both option. I create a new thread. Thank you agai for your help. Much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.