frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raspberry Pi Installation Fails on Line 554

Getting the following error when I "make install " on NCSDK 1.12 and a Raspberry Pi 0 W with Stretch-lite Debian 9.4 running on ARMv6-compatible processor.

I'm trying to build the security-cam with an octocam kit as described in Ashwin's recent webinar.

"cp: cannot stat '/opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l/tk': No such file or directory
Installation failed. Error on line 554"

Also got some connection fails that may be contributing- (lots more missing, same service, didn't paste all of them.

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/pool/main/libu/libuv1/libuv1_1.18.0-3~bpo9+1_armhf.deb 503 Service Unavailable [IP: 93.93.135.188 80]

I reflashed the ssd 2 times and got the same error.

Thanks

Rob

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @rfranks263, I am guessing you are following the instructions on https://movidius.github.io/blog/ncs-apps-on-rpi/ to install NCSDK API framework (not the full installation) on your Pi Zero. I recommend this method of installation due to the Pi Zero's CPU and memory resource constraints. If you are still getting the cp: cannot stat '/opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l/tk' error, try manually creating an empty /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv6l folder, and then run sudo make install.

• I'll give it a shot, thanks Ashwin.

• Almost got it working! I'm able to make it work if I comment out lines 136 and 137 in security-picam.py , I just don't see a live image on my monitor. This is the error I get
    "pi@raspberrypi3:~/workspace/ncappzoo/apps/security-cam $ python3 security-picam.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "security-picam.py", line 213, in
    main()
    File "security-picam.py", line 159, in main
    infer_image( graph, img, frame.array )
    File "security-picam.py", line 137, in infer_image
    img.show()
    AttributeError: 'numpy.ndarray' object has no attribute 'show'"

Images are captured, with bounding boxes and text scrolls on the screen, so the issue is isolated to the display.

I'm using a Pi3, Raspbian stretch with an attached arducam camera. I compiled the graph file on Ubuntu 16.04 on a VirtualBox on MacOs

Any Ideas?

• @rfranks263

$ python3
    >>> import PIL
    >>> PIL.VERSION

>>> PIL.PILLOW_VERSION

• Thanks Pinto, it didn't fix my issue. I'm not sure why.