frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a custom network. It compiles fine, but it hangs.

The examples in the ncsdk and the appzoo work fine.

Here is the relevant messages:

D: [ 0] ncFifoWriteElem:2592 No layout conversion is needed 0

D: [ 0] convertDataTypeAndLayout:170 src data type 1 dst data type 0

D: [ 0] convertDataTypeAndLayout:172 SRC: w 4 h 1411 c 1 w_s 4 h_s 16 c_s 4

D: [ 0] convertDataTypeAndLayout:174 DST: w 4 h 1411 c 1 w_s 2 h_s 8 c_s 2

D: [ 0] ncFifoWriteElem:2617 write count 0 num_elements 2 userparam 0x7f0c9699c808

I: [ 0] ncGraphQueueInference:3048 trigger start

I: [ 0] ncGraphQueueInference:3145 trigger end

E: [ 0] dispatcherEventReceive:200 dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4

I'm on ubuntu 16.04, using V2.05.00 sdk.

Thanks.
Andrew

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm also having this issue on my network with -4 when using the profiler, no error when compiling, but -1 when attempting to inference. My investigation so far seems to have brought me to libusb_bulk_transfer() which appears to return -4 if there is no device, but a different error is returned for me if I don't have a device connected, so maybe it's crashing when running. -1 appears to be some kind of generic IO error.

• @Andrew Thanks for reporting this. I've come across similar issues myself while investigating networks and we're still looking to figure out what causes this issue. So far, from what I have seen, it seems to throw the read failed -4 message and hangs when I try to compile/check/profile a specific network (custom resnet 50). If you can provide a link to your model, it would be useful in debugging some of these issues. Thanks.

• @Tome_at_Intel Thanks.
    https://github.com/andrewzigerelli/learn-tensorflow-by-examples/tree/movidius
    Sorry it's a messy project; I just wanted to get a working example.

I noticed from watching dmesg -wH, that USB number that it starts with disconnects, then reconnects with a different number.

• Hi, I am trying to perform inference using a Tiny Yolo v2 and I am experiencing the same dispatcherEventReceive:200 error:

I: [ 0] ncGraphQueueInference:3048 trigger start

I: [ 0] ncGraphQueueInference:3145 trigger end

E: [ 0] dispatcherEventReceive:200 dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4

Were you able to find a solution?

I am running Movidius in an Intel NUC D54250WYKH with Ubuntu 16.04 installed.

• I see this error with a U-net model if the output tensor is too large; e.g. an output of (63,63,1) is OK but (127,127,1) fails and hangs with this dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4

• I worked out what it is for me in my case; it's a sigmoid operation i've got in my tensorflow graph at the output node. if i instead work on the logits output i don't have this error.

• @matpalm I've got the same problem with a U-net using a sigmoid output. Can you elaborate on how you used logits as output?

• for me it's literally just not using a sigmoid op in the model and applying the sigmoid operation explicitly on the NCS output
    see https://github.com/matpalm/bnn/blob/ncs_poc/predict_on_ncs.py#L33