frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Read failed -1 when running my NCSDK ver2 updated image classifier

Hi I recently installed the NCSDK2 on my ubuntu 16.04 VM with a windows 10 host. I was trying to run the image_classifier.py example in the ncappzoo so I modified the APIs to the new ver 2 ones and tried running the file using the command 'python3 image_classifier.py' but I see that I get these messages and nothing happens

E:[ 0] dispatcherEventReceive:200 dispatcherEventReceive() Read Failed -1

E:[ 0] dispatcherEventSend: 738 Write failed -1

I tried running hello_ncs.py to verify if the stick was being detected and that seemed fine even though I still get the Read failed error but it does identify the device.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @dar5han Thank you for reporting this. This is a known issue with using the NCS with VMs, although it does not currently hinder any functionality of the device.

• Hi Tome,
    I'm facing the same issue, but in my case after this message the program got frozen. I've reported the details in the thread "NCSDK 2.05 not working in Virtualbox 5.2 with Ubuntu 16.04.04"
    Since this is a known issue, do you have any workaround or recommendation?
    Thanks in advance!

• I'm experiencing the same issue as dar5han. Any solution found for this yet?

I am also running Ubuntu 16.04 VM on a windows 10 host.