frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Compiling quantized net

Hey, i'm a student doing a project with the ncs trying to compare it to other solutions. Since it's architecture is vector based and it supports int8 operations it would get a great edge if i were to quantize the network.
I am only using pre-trained models and i was trying to use the auto-quantization through :https://www.tensorflow.org/versions/r1.3/performance/quantization.
Tried it with inception v3 and inception_resnet_v2, but i cant seem to compile the quantized outputs.

tried to plain copy like thus:

bazel-bin/tensorflow/tools/graph_transforms/transform_graph \
--in_graph=inception_v3_frozen.pb \
--outputs="InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1" --out_graph=/tmp/quantized_graph.pb \
--transforms='add_default_attributes strip_unused_nodes(type=float, shape="1,299,299,3")
remove_nodes(op=Identity, op=CheckNumerics) fold_constants(ignore_errors=true)
fold_batch_norms fold_old_batch_norms quantize_weights quantize_nodes
strip_unused_nodes sort_by_execution_order'

threw :

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: Max

so i tried to limit the optimizations as i thought some might not have been implemented:

bazel-bin/tensorflow/tools/graph_transforms/transform_graph \
--in_graph=inception_v3_frozen.pb \
--outputs="InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1" --out_graph=quantized_graph2.pb \
--transforms=' strip_unused_nodes(type=float, shape="1,299,299,3") quantize_weights quantize_nodes'

threw:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 156, in
create_graph(args.network, args.inputnode, args.outputnode, args.outfile, args.nshaves, args.inputsize, args.weights, args.explicit_concat, args.ma2480, args.scheduler, args)
File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 137, in create_graph
load_ret = load_network(args, parser, myriad_config)
File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Scheduler.py", line 82, in load_network
parse_ret = parse_tensor(arguments, myriad_conf)
File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/TensorFlowParser.py", line 315, in parse_tensor
item_shape = output_item.shape.as_list()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/tensor_shape.py", line 820, in as_list
raise ValueError("as_list() is not defined on an unknown TensorShape.")
ValueError: as_list() is not defined on an unknown TensorShape.

then i made an account to make this post but before i did i tried with another graph:

bazel-bin/tensorflow/tools/graph_transforms/transform_graph --in_graph=inception_resnet_v2_frozen.pb \
--inputs="input" \
--outputs="InceptionResnetV2/Logits/Predictions" --out_graph=../i_res_v2_qt.pb \
--transforms=' strip_unused_nodes(type=float, shape="1,299,299,3") quantize_weights quantize_nodes'

threw:

File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 156, in
create_graph(args.network, args.inputnode, args.outputnode, args.outfile, args.nshaves, args.inputsize, args.weights, args.explicit_concat, args.ma2480, args.scheduler, args)
File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 137, in create_graph
load_ret = load_network(args, parser, myriad_config)
File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Scheduler.py", line 82, in load_network
parse_ret = parse_tensor(arguments, myriad_conf)
File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/TensorFlowParser.py", line 225, in parse_tensor
inputTensor = graph.get_tensor_by_name(inputnode + ':0')
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py", line 3654, in get_tensor_by_name
return self.as_graph_element(name, allow_tensor=True, allow_operation=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py", line 3478, in as_graph_element
return self._as_graph_element_locked(obj, allow_tensor, allow_operation)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/framework/ops.py", line 3520, in _as_graph_element_locked
"graph." % (repr(name), repr(op_name)))
KeyError: "The name 'input:0' refers to a Tensor which does not exist. The operation, 'input', does not exist in the graph."
thsi

now this seems to about the imput node but since i used the same compilation as the makefile and tried to preserve the input by the "--inputs="input" " option i dont know how to solve it.
While i'm at it i'd also like to try to use tinyolo if i can get this quantized and was wondering if anyone has any .pb models of it, tried to use the darkflow conversion but couldnt compile the output into a .graph either :neutral:

Anyhow sorry for the long post, let me know if any of you have encountered a similar issue.

Best regards, Nuno Magalhães.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm encountering the same error.

as_list() is not defined on an unknown TensorShape.

Did you manage to solve it? I'd rather not retrain my network but I can't find a way to define the input node Tensorshape in the freeze_graph or transform_graph tools