frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alert: This site is migrating to our new home at https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000PqZDWA0/intel-neural-compute-sticks. Please visit us there!

Poll: Node.js support for NCS?

Hi NCS forum members,

I'd like to understand if there would be need or users for Node.js support for the NCS. The APIs would be similar to Python.

With the Node.js support developers would be able to write JavaScript applications and access NCS features. We might also add support for the browser if there is interest.

Once the Node.js (or browser) support would be there, we can also think of integrating NCS to web and JavaScript ML frameworks such as deeplearn.js.

If people are interested, the plan would be to start a new open source project to develop the features and APIs.

Please indicate your interest on the poll questions below.

BR, Sakari Poussa

PS. I am part of Intel Open Source team but not in the Intel NCS team.

Node.js support for NCS
  1. I am interested in using Node.js for NCS4 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%
    3. Maybe
        0.00%
  2. I am interested in using NCS from the browser4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%
  3. I would like to contribute the Node.js / browser NCS support open source project4 votes
    1. Yes
      75.00%
    2. No
      25.00%

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited December 2018 Vote Up2Vote Down

YES. PLEASE.

I am the creator of Shinobi, an NVR system written in Node.js and would love to utilize the movidius in a natural way. Python is horrible and I refuse to touch it for production applications.