frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCS supporting new embedded device - what software is needed on the embedded device ?

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is some documentation around how to support a new embedded device (in my specific case a MIPS64 based architecture) to use the Movidius NCS. I'm fine with hosting all the development environment on a Ubuntu machine, but wondering what essential parts would need to be ported to an embedded system to add NCS support and being able to deploy and use a trained network?

Any pointer or advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Andreas

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Some experience sharing for to enable NCS on Nvidia TX2.
    1. First step, to build libmvnc.so.0 library. Go to directory ${NCSDK}/api/src and type make. The makefile is ready to use Ubuntu's ARM Gcc.
    2. Deploy ncs library and mvcmd file into TX2 system. Copy libmvnc.so.0 and MvNCAPI.mvcmd to /usr/local/lib/mvnc/ under TX2.
    3. Under TX2, create a soft-link of libmvnc.so.0 to /usr/local/lib/libmvnc.so
    4. Then, we can build hello_ncs_cpp to test the environment and NCS. The hello_ncs_cpp file can be build from ${NCSDK}/examples/apps/hello_ncs_cpp.