frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alert: This site has migrating to our new home at https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000PqZDWA0/intel-neural-compute-sticks. Please visit us there!

Compile self-defined Tensorflow model with mvNCCompile

I have trained a CNN model using Tensorflow and tried to compile it to graph file supported by Movidius using mvNCCompile.

The following is the first error I got:

[Error 34] Setup Error: Values for input contain placeholder. Pass an absolute value.

I think it's a reasonable one because a CNN model shall receive a single image directly and output a result (e.g. the class number the image belongs to) accordingly. However, when training the model using Tensorflow, I set the input to be a tensor(a placeholder to be exact) with shape [batch_size, image_width, image_height, image_channel]. The error convinces me that the desired input size shall be [1, image_width, image_height, image_channel]. So I did some trick on my model by adding one more tensor to the model. Use tf.train.import_meta_graph() function, check the kwargs "input_map", pass something to it then you are good. I got inspired by the following link:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42306484/configure-input-map-when-importing-a-tensorflow-model-from-metagraph-file.

Then I continued and met the second error:

You must feed a value for placeholder tensor 'dropout' with dtype float. 

I used a dropout layer in my model and dropout shall be set to 1.0 during real world predicting. I solved this problem using similar trick as the first one. Use the input_map kwargs, pass a constant 1.0 to dropout and we are good.

Finally, the third error.

[Error 5] Toolkit Error: Stage Details Not Supported: RealDiv

I did some search but got no result so far. Is it a bug of the ncsdk or is it a bug of mine? I guess that the operation RealDiv is supported by TF but not by Movidius yet.

Last few words:

I have seen a lot of posts not only in this forum but also on stackoverflow. Most guys are stopped by unknown errors and as far as I know, the compilation error has not been solved yet. I really hope that the maintainer of Movidius could clarify what is the process with custom TF model. I know there are working models like the inception_v1 and v3 but there is no explanation about why the two works but mine could not. I read the working example code but I believed that it is tensorflow.contrib.slim.nets that makes things work. I paid for the blue stick and for the service later on because I heard the promotion that TF is supported. Of course I know development with TF is not that comfortable because it's rather complicate but I do hope that somebody in charge could give me some real support.

By the way, I could offer some help for the development of ncsdk if needed. I also welcome everyone who shares similar bugs contact me via syangav@gmail.com. Maybe we could solve this out together.

Thanks!

Comments