frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I use NCS to work with others DNN instead of only CNN?

Hi guys,

After reading the Toolkit User Guide and play with the examples, I wonder if the Myriad is only designed to work with CNNs.

I mean, can I use the Movidius Myriad 2 to use a regular either DNN or RNN?

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @alex Currently the Movidius NCS is designed to work with Convolutional Neural Networks. The SDK currently does not support Recurrent Neural Networks, but that may change in the future.

• @Tomel_at_Intel,

Thanks for your prompt reply!

It's good news to know that you plan to support different DNN in the future, I'm very interested in using NCS to compute Deep Q Learning, A3C and GANs besides RNNs.

Thanks!
    Alex

• Yes, please support RNNs such as LSTM, especially in TensorFlow. Better yet, support all of TensorFlow, including model training! This is going to be a huge market for IoT DNN hardware, and Movidius could lead it if you make a good API. Simple feedforward CNNs are a good start but not enough. Thanks!

• Does this mean, the hardware design is already compatible with e.g. RNN and it's just a matter of SDK?

• Any updates on this? I would be very interested to use the Movidius neural compute stick for speech recognition with Mozilla DeepSpeech, which uses Tensorflow and an RNN.

• The RNN support is the only issue that is holding me back from purchasing the device.