frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alert: Beginning Tuesday, June 25th, we will be freezing this site and migrating the content and forums to our new home at https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000PqZDWA0/intel-neural-compute-sticks. Check it out now!

Intel NCS2: Error on Build and Run Object Detection Sample of Raspberry Pi on Odroid XU3

Hi,

I am trying to make Intel NCS2 works on my Odroid XU3 board (https://hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-xu3/) with Ubuntu 16.04.

I followed the "Install OpenVINO™ toolkit for Raspbian* OS" and see how far I can go.

It was ok until the step "Build and Run Object Detection Sample".

I understand Intel NCS2 may not support Odroid XU3 at all, however, I decide to give it a go.

I am sharing some warning and error I got, hopefully someone can provide some advice to work around these issues.

Thanks,
Lei

Here are some details
Command
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples

Warning:

odroid@odroid:~/intel_ncs2/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples``
-- TBB include: TBB_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND
-- TBB Release lib: TBB_LIBRARIES_RELEASE-NOTFOUND
-- TBB Debug lib: TBB_LIBRARIES_DEBUG-NOTFOUND
CMake Warning at /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/InferenceEngineConfig.cmake:31 (message):
  TBB not found.  TBB support will be disabled.  IE_THREAD_SEQ is defined
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/ie_parallel.cmake:35 (ext_message)
  /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/src/extension/CMakeLists.txt:43 (set_ie_threading_interface_for)

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/odroid/intel_ncs2/build

and command:
make -j2 object_detection_sample_ssd

Error:

[100%] Linking CXX executable ../armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `std::thread::_State::~_State()@GLIBCXX_3.4.22'
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for std::thread::_State@GLIBCXX_3.4.22'
/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `std::thread::_M_start_thread(std::unique_ptr<std::thread::_State, std::default_delete<std::thread::_State> >, void (*)())@GLIBCXX_3.4.22'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/build.make:91: recipe for target 'armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd' failed
make[3]: *** [armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1474: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1486: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:476: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd' failed
make: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd] Error 2

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't know much about open vino but did you installed ncsdk api?
    As far as I know ncsdk is supporting Ubuntu 16.04 so you couldn't have any trouble. Anyways I would suggest you to clone the repository of ncsdk v2 and do "make install" and "make run" inside the folder

• Hi @lx2u16
    The installation scripts for OpenVINO are for a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Stretch. The demos are likely not running because it can't find the specific libraries.

Also, @tw1xy thank you for your suggestion. But the NCSDK is not supported on the NCS2. The only software kit that can be used with the NCS2 is OpenVINO :smile:

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Sincerely,
    Sahira