frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does NCS support only matrix multiplication like CUDA(GPGPU), not neural network?

For example, matrix A and B are 100*100 dimension.
C = A * B
Does NCS suport this matrix multiplicaion?
I know we can use tensforflow to implement it, if A is input and B is weights matrix. I just want to do numerical calculation, not neural network. CUDA(GPGPU) support this function. Does NCS support it.

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Could your support person contact me? I work in National University of Singapore. I plan to use NCS to do visual SLAM. my email : elescho@nus.edu.sg

• Hi @SamShen

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Neural Compute Stick (NCS). The NCS does not support a pure math application since it was designed specifically for deploying neural networks.
    Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
    Jesus

• @Jesus_at_Intel I appreciate your answer. I know the workaround to use neural network to implement pure math application. I've bought NCS2 and I have tried it and prove it can do. However it's complicated and the function is limited.
    Can I ask further question: "Myria Development Kit & Board" can do traditional computer vision. Where I can buy it?

• Hi @SamShen

The Myriad Development Kit is meant for customer purchases in large volume. Please visit the Movidius Contact site for non-NCS related inquiries.

Regards,
    Jesus

• Got it. I see. I've to look for other solution.
    Thanks a lot.

This discussion has been closed.