frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Receiving MVNC_NO_DATA on mvncGetDeviceOption (MVNC_THERMAL_STATS)

Hi all!
Please, can anyone help with the following problem.
I always receive the same error MVNC_NO_DATA when I try to call mvncGetDeviceOption with option = MVNC_THERMAL_STATS.
Other options seems to work properly. I can get MVNC_TEMP_LIM_LOWER = 85.
I tried this on Ubuntu (Virtual Box under Windows) with ncsdk v1.12.1.1.
See screenshots.
Does anyone know how to get Movidius current temperature, using ncsdk v1?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi @MaxShtaba

You will need to do an inference to the device to be able to read the THERMAL_STATS. Insert the following lines the example, <NCSDK INSTALL DIR>/examples/caffe/GoogLeNet/run.py

#Insert in line 86
    thermal_stats = device.GetDeviceOption(mvnc.DeviceOption.THERMAL_STATS)
    print("Device Temperature: ", thermal_stats)

Once you modify the example code, run the example with make run

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Jesus

• Thank you, @Jesus_at_Intel.
    That example works fine with this lines.

Now I am trying to get this value on Windows using APIv1 or any other way, as I mentioned in another ticket:
    https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/1584/current-movidius-temperature-on-windows#latest

• edited February 28 Vote Up0Vote Down

As I understand, this GoogLeNet example uses python version of APIv1 library, right?
    Does it mean, that C/C++ version of APIv1 does not work with the THERMAL_STATS parameter?
    Or it depends on other calls, maybe call of LoadTensor function?
    So, If I will try to use C/C++ version of APIv1 with LoadTensor before I try to read temperature, I can get correct result instead of MVNC_NO_DATA?

• Well, there is no more MVNC_NO_DATA error, it really depends on LoadTensor function call.
    Other problem I will describe in another ticket.
    Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.