frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND Issue to run on Movidius on Apollolake

Hi,
I'm facing some issues when running sample OpenVINO application on Movidius platform. I needed help regarding the same. Below are the details:
I am trying to run the security_barrier_camera demo application with -d MYRIAD and seeing following errors -
[ INFO ] Loading Vehicle Detection model to the MYRIAD plugin
[ ERROR ] Cannot init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
Error on or near line 150; exiting with status 1

PS: I am using a movidus connected to ApolloLake using PCi slot, and not Movidus Compute Stick connected via USB

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi @MAHESH_G_R,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure which guide you have followed or the steps you have taken, if you could provide more information it would be great. Taking a quick glance at the OpenVINO documentation, it looks like there are additional steps to interface with your device via PCIe. Please follow the "Additional Installation Steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs" under the Optional Steps section in the Installation Guides listed below, if not already done so, hopefully this resolves your issue.

If you need OpenVINO support for FPGA I believe the Install Guide is quite different from the rest, find the guide here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/openvino-install-linux-fpga. I'd suggest to also post your question in the OpenVINO forums here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision.

Regards,
    @Luis_at_Intel

• Hi @Luis_at_Intel ,
    Thanks for the reply, I tried the additional steps as mentioned for Linux.
    Using this - Additional Installation Steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs,
    In step 3 - cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} , I observed my terminal navigating back to home directory rather than a required location/path,
    also noticed that ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} is nowhere set (checked using echo on terminal)

Thanks & Regards
    Mahesh G R

• Hi @MAHESH_G_R

Apologies for the delay in my response. If the ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} is nowhere to be found it may be that the OpenVINO toolkit env variables haven't been set (run source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh), I just checked mine and the cd ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR} command takes me to ~/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.455/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl, yours may be slightly different I'd assume depending on your installation path. Hope this helps!

Regards,
    @Luis_at_Intel

• Hi @Luis_at_Intel

I just saw your reply, thanks for the response.
    I checked the path as mention by you, in external folder i see gna, mkltiny_lnx and omp folders - Nothing named hddl is seen on my pc.
    I have selected movidus VPU (All the Inference Engines) during OpenVINO installation.
    Any help with regard to that will be great

Thanks & Regards
    Mahesh G R

• Hi @MAHESH_G_R ,

That is interesting, I can see the hddl folder in both Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 installs. May I ask which version of OpenVINO toolkit are you using? I can see the hddl folder for version R5.0.1, please give this version a try in case you are running an older version (I have not checked for the hddl folder on previous releases).

Regards,
    @Luis_at_Intel

This discussion has been closed.