frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error when running setup.sh for MvNC Toolkit

I'm installing the MvNC Toolkit based on the instructions on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04 system.
Running into an issue in line 98 of the setup.sh for the Toolkit:

Command "/usr/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;file='/tmp/pip-build-n0544u13/scipy/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(file);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, file, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-e3jxp_qk-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-n0544u13/scipy/
[0;31mInstallation failed. Error on line 98[0m

Any hints how to resolve this are welcome.

take care
Ingo

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have the same issue, new install of 16.04 under VMware fusion on macbook pro / Sierra. Python 2 and 3 are installed on the ubuntu machine, could this be the problem?

• edited August 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down

I am running into multiple issues during the installation as well.
    using VM hosted Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS AMD64.
    ran apt-get update and apt-get upgrade and then followed the instructions in the getting started document.
    executing: ./setup.sh

****First error: scipy ****
    Running setup.py install for scipy: finished with status 'error'
    Complete output from command /usr/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;file='/tmp/pip-build-4rc59_ee/scipy/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(file).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), file, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-0tv4ag78-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile:

Workaround to get past this issue:
    I modified the requirements.txt to ignore scipy (installed it manually instead).

Second error: caffe compilation
    [100%] Building CXX object python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/caffe/_caffe.cpp.o
    c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
    python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/caffe/_caffe.cpp.o' failed
    make[2]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/caffe/_caffe.cpp.o] Error 4
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1117: recipe for target 'python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/pycaffe.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2

No workaround found.

• @TomS @Jsweatte @Sigmundi Regarding virtual machines, please refer to georgievm_cms 's reply in forum post https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/comment/197/#Comment_197

The NCS is designed to work on Ubuntu 16.04 natively. This forum post can also provide more information: https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/123/ncs-sdk-virtual-machine-support#latest

• I will find a way to get s dedicated machine but I would comment that there is nothing I see in the links that specifically indicates that the error I am getting has anything to do with the install being done on a virtual machine.
    Thanks for the quick response

• Hi There,

I also failed to at the setup.sh script. I'm also using ubuntu 16.04

[ 4%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libcaffe.so
    [ 75%] Built target caffe
    [ 76%] Linking CXX executable train_net
    //usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libunwind.so.8: undefined reference to

lzma_index_end@XZ_5.0'
    lzma_index_size@XZ_5.0'
    lzma_index_buffer_decode@XZ_5.0'
    lzma_stream_footer_decode@XZ_5.0'
    lzma_stream_buffer_decode@XZ_5.0'
    lzma_index_uncompressed_size@XZ_5.0'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    tools/CMakeFiles/train_net.dir/build.make:127: recipe for target 'tools/train_net' failed
    make[2]: *** [tools/train_net] Error 1
    CMakeFiles/Makefile2:467: recipe for target 'tools/CMakeFiles/train_net.dir/all' failed
    make[1]: *** [tools/CMakeFiles/train_net.dir/all] Error 2
    Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Installation failed. Error on line 129

I'm not sure what is the problem...anyone can help?

• @Tome_at_Intel thank you for the reply. The post suggests that it is not a good idea to run the compute stick from a VM due to instabilities/uncertainties regarding performance, however it does not suggest that installing is an issue. I don't see any indications to HW or certain driver dependencies that python packages as well as caffe wouldn't work properly in a virtualized environment.