frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exception: Status.MYRIADERROR when using fathom ncs and RPI3

Hi,

I am trying to get the stream_infer example running with the older version of the ncs (i.e. the fathom stick) on the RPI3 with raspbian jessie OS.

I followed the getting started guide but when I run stream_infer I get the following output:

Number of categories: 1000
Found stale device, resetting
Device 0 Address: 1.2 - VID/PID 03e7:2150
Starting wait for connect with 2000ms timeout
Found Address: 1.2 - VID/PID 03e7:2150
Found EP 0x81 : max packet size is 512 bytes
Found EP 0x01 : max packet size is 512 bytes
Found and opened device
Performing bulk write of 825136 bytes...
Successfully sent 825136 bytes of data in 34.520313 ms (22.795593 MB/s)
Boot successful, device address 1.2
Found Address: 1.2 - VID/PID 040e:f63b
done
Booted 1.2 -> VSC
Status.MYRIADERROR
Output thread terminating
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.4/threading.py", line 920, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.4/threading.py", line 868, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "stream_infer.py", line 149, in input_thread
gGraph.LoadTensor(preprocessed_image_buf ,"frame %s" % frame_number)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 194, in LoadTensor
raise Exception(Status(status))
Exception: Status.ERROR

I was able to run the ncs-check example in the c_examples folder which successfully opened the device. However again when I tried to run the c examples on a network I get the following output:
OpenDevice 1.2 succeeded
Press q to quit without closing, otherwise just
Graph allocated
GetResult failed, myriad error: This software supports Myriad2 revision C silicon only
GetResult failed, myriad error: This software supports Myriad2 revision C silicon only
Deallocate graph, rc=0
Device closed, rc=0

Does this mean that the fathom ncs is not suitable for use with the RPI3?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The Fathom USB stick is intended to be used with SW packages up to Fathom_1.06.
    SDK for RPi3 is actually v1.07 and works with NCS stick firmware which is different from that in FathomNCS. So this probably is causing incompatibility that you observe.

• Hi georgievm_cms, Would I be able to download the previous version of the SDK(toolkit+api)(v1.06)? I can get v1.06 on fathom.ai/forum, however this sdk does not include the api or any of the python examples.

• Hi, actually toolkit+api are released for the first time in v1.07. You can consider Fathom stick as a beta test version of the NCS. They are in fact two different products joined with their appropriate SW. Fathom SW up to 1.06 is intended only for Fathom stick; SDK v1.07 (and future versions) are usable with NCS only and not vice-versa.