frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sample is not working using more than 5 SHAVE

I am trying to run example of inception_v3 from ncsdk/examples/tensorflow/inception_v3. By default the number of SHAVE (-s 4) is set as 4. I have successfully compiled and run the sample using make run. But when I tried to increase the number of SHAVE to 6 or 12, the sample was compiled successfully but throwing the following error while running.

E: [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:235  dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1
E: [         0] eventReader:253 Failed to receive event, the device may have reset
E: [         0] ncFifoReadElem:2735 Failed to read fifo element

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./run.py", line 80, in <module>
    output, userobj = fifoOut.read_elem()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 412, in read_elem
    raise Exception(Status(status))
Exception: Status.ERROR
Makefile:53: recipe for target 'run' failed
make: *** [run] Error 1

I am not able to figure out the reason for this. Please help me to fix the error.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Akhilesh I would be glad to help you out. First of all, which version of the NCSDK are you using? I tried using the latest version of the NCSDK (2.08) and I had no issues compiling the model and running the model using make run specifying more than 4 SHAVEs in the MakeFile.

Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA
    test -f graph || mvNCCompile -s 12 output/inception-v3.meta -in=input -on=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1
    /usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Parsers/TensorFlowParser/Convolution.py:44: SyntaxWarning: assertion is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?
      assert(False, "Layer type not supported by Convolution: " + obj.type)
    mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Intel Corporation 2017

/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/tensorflow/python/util/tf_inspect.py:45: DeprecationWarning: inspect.getargspec() is deprecated, use inspect.signature() instead
    shape: (1, 299, 299, 3)
    res.shape:  (1, 1, 1, 1001)
    TensorFlow output shape:  (1, 1, 1001)
    Layer  InceptionV3/InceptionV3/Mixed_5c/Branch_0/Conv2d_0a_1x1/Relu  forced to im2col_v2, because its output is used in concat
    /usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/FileIO.py:65: UserWarning: You are using a large type. Consider reducing your data sizes for best performance
    Blob generated
    ./run.py
    Number of categories: 1001
    Start download to NCS...
    /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py:418: DeprecationWarning: The binary mode of fromstring is deprecated, as it behaves surprisingly on unicode inputs. Use frombuffer instead
      tensor = numpy.fromstring(tensor.raw, dtype=numpy.float32)
    *******************************************************************************
    inception-v3 on NCS
    547 electric guitar 0.98828125
    403 acoustic guitar 0.0075187683
    715 pick, plectrum, plectron 0.0014801025
    421 banjo 0.0009012222
    820 stage 0.0006542206
    Finished

• Thanks for the response @Tome_at_Intel , I am trying using the latest version of the NCSDK (2.08.01.02). I tried on x86 architecture I had no issues compiling the model and running the model using make run specifying more than 4 SHAVEs in the MakeFile. But now I am trying on TX2 and successfully compiled the sdk by following this link.

cp -r /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-armv7l /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-aarch64
    sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0.0
    cd <your NCSDK clone area>
    cd api/src
    make
    sudo make install    
    cp /usr/local/lib/libmvnc.so.0 /opt/movidius/NCSDK/ncsdk-aarch64/api/c

But while running the example using make run, I am getting the following error:

$ make run
    test -f output/inception-v3.meta || ((wget http://download.tensorflow.org/models/inception_v3_2016_08_28.tar.gz && tar zxf inception_v3_2016_08_28.tar.gz && rm inception_v3_2016_08_28.tar.gz) && ./inception-v3.py)
    test -f graph || mvNCCompile --new-parser -s 12 output/inception-v3.meta -in=input -on=InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1
    /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/scipy/_lib/_numpy_compat.py:10: DeprecationWarning: Importing from numpy.testing.nosetester is deprecated, import from numpy.testing instead.
      from numpy.testing.nosetester import import_nose
    /usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/scipy/stats/morestats.py:12: DeprecationWarning: Importing from numpy.testing.decorators is deprecated, import from numpy.testing instead.
      from numpy.testing.decorators import setastest
    /usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Parsers/TensorFlowParser/Convolution.py:46: SyntaxWarning: assertion is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?
      assert(False, "Layer type not supported by Convolution: " + obj.type)
    /usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Parsers/Phases.py:322: SyntaxWarning: assertion is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?
      assert(len(pred) == 1, "Slice not supported to have >1 predecessors")
    mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Intel Corporation 2017

****** Info: No Weights provided. inferred path: output/inception-v3.data-00000-of-00001******
    output/inception-v3.meta
    2018-11-21 11:57:18.139888: E tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_driver.cc:397] failed call to cuInit: CUDA_ERROR_NO_DEVICE
    2018-11-21 11:57:18.140001: I tensorflow/stream_executor/cuda/cuda_diagnostics.cc:145] kernel driver does not appear to be running on this host (tegra-ubuntu): /proc/driver/nvidia/version does not exist
    output tensor shape (1, 1, 1, 1001)
    Fusing DeptwiseConv + Pointwise Convolution into plain Convolution
    Fusing Add and Batch after Convolution
    Fusing Pad and Convolution2D
    Fusing BatchNorm and Scale after Convolution
    Replacing BN with Bias&Scale
    Fusing Permute and Flatten
    Fusing Eltwise and Relu
    Eliminate layers that have been parsed as NoOp
    Evaluating input and weigths for each hw layer
    --------------------------------------

----------------------
    ----------------------
    # Network Input tensors ['input:0#327']
    # Network Output tensors ['InceptionV3/Predictions/Reshape_1:0#653']
    Blob generated
    ./run.py
    Number of categories: 1001
    Start download to NCS...
    Reading result

E: [         0] dispatcherEventReceive:235  dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -1

E: [         0] eventReader:253 Failed to receive event, the device may have reset

E: [         0] ncFifoReadElem:2735 Failed to read fifo element

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "./run.py", line 80, in <module>
        output, userobj = fifoOut.read_elem()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/mvnc/mvncapi.py", line 412, in read_elem
        raise Exception(Status(status))
    Exception: Status.ERROR
    Makefile:53: recipe for target 'run' failed
    make: *** [run] Error 1

• Hi @Tome_at_Intel !!! any update on this?