frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Error 7 Toolkit: USB Failure

I have been trying to get passed the make examples part of the installation for two weeks now. I originally got everything working properly on ncsdk 1.12, but had to upgrade to make a tinyYOLO build work. Since then, I have been trying to upgrade to ncsdk 2.05 and never made it passed the famed Error 7: USB Failure during make examples. I have read over every thread on the forum and tried every posted solution, but none seem to work, even trying to revert to 1.12 doesn't work anymore. I have tried it in VM & VB, using USB filters with 03e7, 040e, Movidius, Loopback, etc., and every different combination, with USB2 and/or USB3, but nothing seems to work, uninstalling and reinstalling. I even tried the newest ncsdk 2.08.01, but same error. Please help!!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @tc23 What version of Virtual Box are you using? I've noticed that with the latest version of Virtual Box (5.2.xx), I have the same issues. Using NCSDK v1.12 with Virtual Box 5.1.34 works for me. As far as NCSDK 2 goes, it has issues with Virtualbox at the moment, but NCSDK 2 should be working in a physical machine (non-VM) running Ubuntu 16.04.