frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any instruction to train my own model?

Hi,
I'm a newer to use ncs. About one month ago I purchased my ncs stick but with no idea to apply my own model.

Description

Goal and What I did
Goal: I'm trying to train a vgg_16 model to detect object, I'll be very happy if faster-rcnn is also available.
What I did: I have a stable version of vgg16 model trained by Faster RCNN with my own dataset. I generated a vgg16 graphDef by using export_inference_graph.py, and then use freeze_graph.py but something seems wrong (because I met rhs lhs issue) and I even don't know what is the output node for vgg16. Then I thought maybe it's important to train a smaller model by using TensorFlow's Object Detection API firstly, and that is my first step.
Steps
I'd like to apply Tensorflow's Object detection API with ssd_mobilenet v1 onto ncs. By following https://github.com/tensorflow/models/blob/master/research/object_detection/g3doc/running_locally.md I got a saved_model.pb file from ssd_mobile_v1.ckpt, then I ran

mvNCCompile saved_model.pb -in=input -on=MobilenetV1/Predictions/Reshape_1 -is 224 224 -o graph

Maybe there are some error arguments, I got an issue like

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 118, in <module>
    create_graph(args.network, args.inputnode, args.outputnode, args.outfile, args.nshaves, args.inputsize, args.weights)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 104, in create_graph
    net = parse_tensor(args, myriad_config)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/TensorFlowParser.py", line 210, in parse_tensor
    graph_def.ParseFromString(f.read())
google.protobuf.message.DecodeError: Error parsing message

I got this unexpected error in my first step. Could anyone give me some direction? Thanks.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hello,

I'm also facing the same problem, i trained a object detection network using Google's Tensorflow Object detection API, in my case I used the "faster_rcnn_inception_resnet_v2" architecture. Once trained I froze the ckpt.data, ckpt.index and ckpt.meta files into a saved_model.pb

After running:

mvNCCompile saved_model.pb -s 12 -in=image_tensor -on=detection_boxes -is 1920 1080 -o out.graph

I got the exact same error as @ZxqCreations.

Any idea on how to solve it?

Thanks.